Category: News & Updates > Patient Education > Skin  

Should I see an allergist or a dermatologist for my rash?

This is a suggested guide to steer you in the right direction.

See an allergist if you have:
Swelling episodes with or without redness
Hives (itchy welts that last less than 24 hours)
Chronically itchy skin in the skin folds (behind elbows, knees, neck) which may be eczema.
Rash occurring after starting a new medication (in the first few months)

See a dermatologist if you:
Have a pimply or blistering rash
Rash restricted to the face
Rash present in the same spot for more than a few days
Fever and rash


Our Offices

Hours & Directions

115 East 61 St.
New York, NY 10021
Tel: 212-486-6715
Request an appointment

map to midtown

39 Broadway, Suite 630
New York, NY 10006
Tel: 212-809-1186
Request an appointment

map to downtown